***If you prefer to pay by check or wire transfer, please contact the VTKW Staff for more information. Institutions may be subject to an administrative wire transfer fee, if you select this method of payment. All checks or wire transfers must be in US Dollars from a US Bank, and please make checks payable to VT KnowledgeWorks and remit check to VT KnowledgeWorks, 2200 Kraft Drive, Suite 1000, Blacksburg, Virginia 24060, USA. ***
1. Join the partnership and pay the annual dues by April 7, 2017
VT KnowledgeWorks and all the other members of the Global Partnership would like to confirm your region’s full and active participation by completing the Annual Regional Partnership Registration online. The $250 partnership dues reserves your university's place in the Global Partnership Event in August, since space is limited, and confirms your involvement in both the Student and University Tracks. Please review all rules and guidelines and confirm your participation with the VTKW Staff first, to ensure a student team’s eligibility before you pay the $250 partnership registration.
2. Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge Team Nomination
After you join the Partnership, reserve a spot for the winning student team in your region at the Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge by completing these registration steps as soon as possible:
- Team Profile: All finalists are required to submit a team profile online so all members of the Global Partnership community have the opportunity to "meet" you and learn about you prior to the event. Go to our Challenge platform, and click the "apply now" button to register and apply as a team first, before you can create your online, public team profile page. Once you have applied, you can create your team profile page by referring to these step-by-step instructions on how to customize and upload your profile content.
- Participant Form: All event attendees (both University and Student Track attendees) will need to complete an online participation form.
- Visa: As soon as a team is approved to attend the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Event, students should consult with their university to see if they need to obtain a visa, and apply soon after. Review this informational document before you apply/interview for a visa. Contact the the VTKW Staff to request a formal letter of invitation to be used during the visa application process.
3. Individual registration by June 2, 2017
Please complete steps 1 and 2 before you make your individual registrations by credit card online for attending student team members and faculty/staff. After the June 2 deadline, each ticket option listed below will be subject to a $50 increase ($300/student, $250/university representative, $400/add-on Washington, D.C., trip required for university representatives only). Individual registrations must be completed by July 3 at the latest.
Student Track admission (by midnight EDT of June 2):
- $250 per student, August 17-26, includes meals, lodging, and admission to all events in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, plus a two-day trip to Washington, D.C., to sightsee our Nation's Capital. View student track agenda. It's recommended that all student participants fly into the Washington Dulles International Airport, Dulles, Virginia, on Thursday, August 17, and depart from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, on Saturday, August 26, for close proximity to the events hosted in Roanoke, Virginia on August 25.
University Track admission (by midnight EDT of June 2):
- $200 per university representative, August 20-26, includes admission to the University Track activities and events arranged in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, including the Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge, university-to-university roundtable, and off-site excursion on Wednesday of our event week. University representatives are responsible for making their own hotel arrangements (special hotel rates available through our preferred hotels listed below), as well as transportation arrangements to and from their hotel to the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport. View university track agenda.
- $350 per university representative for an additional two-day trip to Washington, D.C., August 17-19, includes VT KnowledgeWorks arranging your hotel room at The Westin Arlington Gateway, plus, all activities, meals, and chartered bus arranged in Washington, D.C. If you select this option, please fly into the Washington Dulles International Airport, Dulles, Virginia, on Thursday, August 17, and we recommend departing from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, on Saturday, August 26. View university track agenda.
4. Transportation Arrangements
Additional local and regional transportation information will be posted early summer of 2017 but please refer to this information listed below regarding air travel.
- For ALL attendees participating August 17-26: All students and any university representatives who register for the additional two-day trip to Washington, D.C., should fly into the Washington Dulles International Airport, Dulles, Virginia on Thursday, August 17 for close convenience to the activities scheduled and located in D.C. VT KnowledgeWorks will provide a chartered bus for guests to use in Washington, D.C., in addition to transporting attendees by bus from D.C. to the Roanoke-Blacksburg region on August 19. On Saturday, August 26, all attendees are responsible for arranging their personal transportation reservations from The Hotel Roanoke to the airport they are flying out of. For departure on the 26th, the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport is conveniently located just 10 minutes away from The Hotel Roanoke. Otherwise, you can depart from whichever airport best suits your travel plans but please be mindful that you are responsible for arranging your own taxi and bus rides to get there. The Washington Dulles International Airport is about four hours away by car or by bus from The Hotel Roanoke.
- University representatives attending August 20-26 ONLY: For any university representatives attending the Global Partnership Event in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia only, we recommend using the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport for convenience to the activities and events scheduled nearby. All attendees are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport to their hotels during the event week.
5. Lodging Reservations
Student Track Participants:
- VT KnowledgeWorks will make hotel room reservations for students, August 17-19, at The Westin Arlington Gateway, in Washington, D.C.
- Free lodging is arranged by VT KnowledgeWorks by assigning all students to a local host family, August 19-25, while staying in Blacksburg, Virginia. Assignments will be made by mid-July.
- On Friday, August 25, VT KnowledgeWorks will make hotel room reservations for students when our entire group shifts by bus to The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center to conclude our event. Students will need to make personal hotel room reservations, if they extend their stay beyond checkout at 11:00 a.m., August 26.
University Track Participants:
Special rates at our preferred hotels are available but please make your reservations by mid-July, since hotel space may be unavailable after that.
- Washington, D.C., August 17-19: If university representatives register and pay for the additional two-day trip to Washington, D.C., August 17-19, VT KnowledgeWorks will personally arrange your hotel room at The Westin Arlington Gateway, as well as provide a chartered bus from D.C. to the Roanoke-Blacksburg region for our remaining events.
- Blacksburg, Virginia, August 19-25:
- The Inn at Virginia Tech, $119/room per night (plus tax) is available from August 19-25; reservations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be made by July 20. After July 20, the $119/room rate expires and you will be subject to a significantly increased rate and possibly no room availability at all, since our event week coincides with move-in week for students at Virginia Tech. Call 1-877-200-3360 or 1-540-231-8000 to make your reservation or book it online using this link, under our VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership room block.
- Hyatt Place Blacksburg - Also available August 19-25, is the Hyatt Place Blacksburg, if The Inn at Virginia Tech is booked. Limited rooms will be available at the Hyatt Place Blacksburg through July 24 at $109/room per night (plus tax), including a complimentary breakfast (and located across the road from The Inn at Virginia Tech). Make your reservation online here (group or corporate code should be "G-VTKW").
- Roanoke, Virginia, August 25-26: The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center, $125/night or $145/night for double occupancy (plus tax) is available from August 25-26 and must be booked by August 4 to receive special pricing. Our entire group shifts to Roanoke, where VT KnowledgeWorks provides a chartered bus from The Inn at Virginia Tech on Friday morning, August 25, to The Hotel Roanoke. Checkout time is at 11:00 a.m., August 26 at The Hotel Roanoke. Call 1-866-594-4722 or 1-540-985-5900 to book your room by phone or make your online reservation by clicking here. Guests who need additional nights will have to call the in house reservations office at 1-540-853-8250 to receive special rates for additional nights based on availability at the time of booking.